About the Doc!
I started in the industry in my mums salon at only 13 years old, since then I have trained in all areas of business, management and hairdressing and built a number of multi award winning businesses within our trade.
I also built the Largest private training academy in Ireland.
“Over the years I have noticed a weakness in education within salon training from salon standard and conduct, to how salons are ran and for the skill required in this revolutionary changing industry.
I am lucky to have trained with some of the industries leads in hairdressing, business, management & to bring this to my exclusive Salon Doctor Programmes/workshops which in turn I can deliver to your salon and make it the best it can be, all in a professional,real and fun way, delivering methods, strategies and structure so you can follow/adapt to your salon.
I know how lonely, hard and rewarding business can be, so I am on hand to help you on the lows and salute you on the highs. I am that contact person you need at any time. Together we can turn around your salon conduct, or skill in a real down to earth manner.
For more on my achievements , training to date please click here: Joan O Meara recognition
- I grew up in my mums hair salon and quickly learnt the basic skills. I then worked in many salons while at school and went on to further my career at David Marshall school of Hairdressing, Dublin.
- I was honoured to be asked to stay on to become an educator here and I retrained in education with some of the best in the Industry.
- Since this I have progressed and upskilled in so many areas of hairdressing, personal development, business and management.
- To Ensure your salon and team are equipt with proven in salon methods and techniques in a real fun and fair structure.
- I am on hand before and after I visit your salon for any additional support and I can conduct a Salon Check up within 2 – 3 months after the programme has ended.
What my clients say
I have worked with Joan on a number of business classes in a local women in business group we formed and her knowledge is outstanding, from her understanding of business and management to implementing these into salons to help them is just amazing. I feel Joan is real, down to earth and makes it fun while engaging with the people she is working with. The methods and techniques we all learn from her workshops helped our businesses so much and I would highly recommend you to speak with her on what she offers and how her methods and training can help you, your salon and your team.
“ I sent one of my trainee stylists to Joan to finish off her cutting training on Allures Advanced cutting course and am absolutely delighted with the training Megan received. Its given her the confidence to now cut on the salon floor and I got reports from Joan of Megan's Progress every day she attended the course. Great service Thanks to Joan and the Team.
“ Wow Thank you so much, You got so much covered, and I am 100% Sure that this will help me with the running of the business and with the managers in their roles. I am going to put a few of my hairdressing friends on to you as I think everyone needs a “ Joan “ In their life!!!!